Welcome to my online gallery!

This blog will house current projects, competed works, and an archive of past works by me, David M. Vaughn of Cheney, Washington! I prefer charcoal, pencil, ink, and oil pastels. In the future I intend to incorporate sculpture and acrylic painting into my practice - much to learn! I also hope to start incorporating more projects I've got rummaging around in my head and a few of my favorite landscapes in the greater Spokane area. Once I get a start on anything, I'll post on the Work-in-Progress page.

For the time being the body of my work is focused on figure drawing, a discipline I greatly enjoy and can't learn enough from. I will be incorporating more projects I am working on as time progresses.

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Busy Weekend - Terrain 6 and Spokane Art Supply!

A big Thank You to Spokane Art Supply for hosting me!
The boys stopped by and helped me out!
Outside Summertime Bath - WIP, 36X30 in., Charcoal on 80 lb. Co-Mo sketch
Doug, Don, Colley, and me! All the artists that were there demonstrating were fantastic, and I felt very honored to be working the canvas next to them :) I've got a link to Don's stuff below - absolutely addicting is how I'd describe his sketchbooks and work...it was such a pleasure!
Terrain! Was packed!!! Here is a view from the balcony overlooking the 1st floor.
3rd floor was open this year as well - such a fantastic space and event, all around. Great variation of media, very talented fellow artists, lots of inspiration, great music, and absolutely fantastic patrons make this such a one-of-a-kind event. Go Spokane!
If ya got here after 8PM or so....here's the line :)
What a weekend, folks! Thank you to everyone who stopped by and saw my work at Terrain 6 on Friday and who visited Spokane Art Supply on Saturday for the Great Art Adventure. It is absolutely inspiring to display with and work alongside artists, of all genres, and talk art with everyone under the sun. Particularly at Spokane Art Supply - got to meet several regional and one national artist and not only see their work, but see them in action. I feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity. A big Thank you to Victor, Betty Jo, and Julie for hosting me at SAS and to the folks at Terrain!

To check out the artists, you can go to Spokane Art Supply's FB page here (and don't forget to like them!) - Spokane Art Supply on FB.

I had the pleasure of meeting Don Colley of Chicago, whose sketchbooks I can't even begin to describe to do them justice. Unique, lively, with some downright beautiful figure sketches, vivid landscapes, shady characters from a psycho rail union, courtroom sketches and deadly clowns...all of it captivating! I could have spent hours pouring over the work, most of it done in ledgers and record books from before the 50's! Absolutely loved it! To check out Don's work, here are two of his pages:
         buttnekkiddoodles
         doncolleysroadtrip.com

Have several projects in the works right now; still have to draw a tattoo for a friend, I was commissioned to draw a figure drawing for a friend, which will be posted soon, and I've got three other figure drawings I've been itching to get at, along with the work I started with Big T and Little T in the tub...phew! I'd better get hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment