Welcome to my online gallery!

This blog will house current projects, competed works, and an archive of past works by me, David M. Vaughn of Cheney, Washington! I prefer charcoal, pencil, ink, and oil pastels. In the future I intend to incorporate sculpture and acrylic painting into my practice - much to learn! I also hope to start incorporating more projects I've got rummaging around in my head and a few of my favorite landscapes in the greater Spokane area. Once I get a start on anything, I'll post on the Work-in-Progress page.

For the time being the body of my work is focused on figure drawing, a discipline I greatly enjoy and can't learn enough from. I will be incorporating more projects I am working on as time progresses.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

New work completed last night - prego Melissa!

Melissa, 30 X 36 in., Charcoal on 80 lb. Co-Mo Sketch
I was finally able to buckle down last night and finish a drawing started back in September. My good friend Melissa and her husband Karl are expecting their first kiddo, and she was kind enough to let me draw her! It was certainly an honor to be asked, and I enjoyed drawing this one very much. Congrats to Melissa and Karl - I am so excited for you guys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment