Welcome to my online gallery!

This blog will house current projects, competed works, and an archive of past works by me, David M. Vaughn of Cheney, Washington! I prefer charcoal, pencil, ink, and oil pastels. In the future I intend to incorporate sculpture and acrylic painting into my practice - much to learn! I also hope to start incorporating more projects I've got rummaging around in my head and a few of my favorite landscapes in the greater Spokane area. Once I get a start on anything, I'll post on the Work-in-Progress page.

For the time being the body of my work is focused on figure drawing, a discipline I greatly enjoy and can't learn enough from. I will be incorporating more projects I am working on as time progresses.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Work from this summer!

Figure Drawing JUN2013-02, 31X36 in.,Charcoal on 80 lb Co-mo sketch
Figure Drawing AUG2013-01, 32X36 in, Charcoal on 80 lb Co-mo sketch

Figure Drawing SEP2013_01, 31X36 in., Charcoal on Draft Paper

Figure Drawing SEP2013_02, Brown Water Soluble Graphite on Draft Paper

Hello! It's been a bit since my last post - here is what I've been up too art-wise this summer. All of the above are from the Open Figure Drawing Studio hosted by Julie Suchanek at Spokane Art Supply. I'm branching out a little with the water soluble graphite...I found that draft paper and water don't mix quite well...lesson learned :) Otherwise, sticking to my favorite - charcoal. A couple of these I will be going back to revisit, as time permits.

1 comment: