Welcome to my online gallery!

This blog will house current projects, competed works, and an archive of past works by me, David M. Vaughn of Cheney, Washington! I prefer charcoal, pencil, ink, and oil pastels. In the future I intend to incorporate sculpture and acrylic painting into my practice - much to learn! I also hope to start incorporating more projects I've got rummaging around in my head and a few of my favorite landscapes in the greater Spokane area. Once I get a start on anything, I'll post on the Work-in-Progress page.

For the time being the body of my work is focused on figure drawing, a discipline I greatly enjoy and can't learn enough from. I will be incorporating more projects I am working on as time progresses.

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Worked with some new media today - WATER SOLUBLE CHARCOAL!!!! Oh my!!!!

Figure Drawing JUN2013-01, 14X16 in., ??? on thicker drawing/water color paper
Yep - I kinda like them water soluble charcoal sticks. I totally botched her face...draw draw draw, line line line. Then I started spreading it around via a really big brush. The only real success from this piece, I think, is the breast. Spreading out the charcoal and leaving certain areas undefined really defines certain areas. Does that make sense? Anyways, much thanks to Julie and Lincoln for letting me try it out. I think I will be getting me a set soon :) This was a really fun departure! Will let you know what they are when I get 'em.

Was going to spread posts out...will post my current work in progress within the week (fingers crossed)!

Thank You for looking!

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment