Welcome to my online gallery!

This blog will house current projects, competed works, and an archive of past works by me, David M. Vaughn of Cheney, Washington! I prefer charcoal, pencil, ink, and oil pastels. In the future I intend to incorporate sculpture and acrylic painting into my practice - much to learn! I also hope to start incorporating more projects I've got rummaging around in my head and a few of my favorite landscapes in the greater Spokane area. Once I get a start on anything, I'll post on the Work-in-Progress page.

For the time being the body of my work is focused on figure drawing, a discipline I greatly enjoy and can't learn enough from. I will be incorporating more projects I am working on as time progresses.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Raw figure drawings from today's studio

It is Saturday, January 19th and I was finally able to get some figure drawing accomplished, much thanks to Julie Suchanek and Spokane Art Supply for hosting their live figure drawing studio. I was very happy to start back! Here is what I was able to come out with, one of which I will be working on in the near future:
Figure Study, 10 minute poses, Charcoal on 80 lb., 30" x 36"
Detail of Figure Study, 10 minute poses, Charcoal on 80 lb., 16" x 17"
 These first two were from 10 minute poses. I decided on the close up of the face to get some practice. Should have also sketched hands and feet - will save for the next session :)

Figure Study, 30 minute pose, Charcoal on 80 lb., 30" x 36"

Figure Study, 40 minute pose, Charcoal on 80 lb., 30" x 34"
 Of these two - the 30 minute pose will be the one I'll work on in the future. I actually didn't botch the proportions too bad and I've got enough light and background detail to fudge the rest of the piece.

Thank You for taking a look! Also, if any of what I post peeks your interest and you'd like to join up for a figure drawing class at the Monroe Street Spokane Art Supply, click HERE for ze info!

And, for questions and inquiries, I can always be reached at me email by clicking HERE!



No comments:

Post a Comment