Welcome to my online gallery!

This blog will house current projects, competed works, and an archive of past works by me, David M. Vaughn of Cheney, Washington! I prefer charcoal, pencil, ink, and oil pastels. In the future I intend to incorporate sculpture and acrylic painting into my practice - much to learn! I also hope to start incorporating more projects I've got rummaging around in my head and a few of my favorite landscapes in the greater Spokane area. Once I get a start on anything, I'll post on the Work-in-Progress page.

For the time being the body of my work is focused on figure drawing, a discipline I greatly enjoy and can't learn enough from. I will be incorporating more projects I am working on as time progresses.

Friday, November 9, 2012

Gig Poster for House of Ghosts and the Hoot Hoots

The Hoot Hoots and House of Ghosts at Jones Radiator
I had the opportunity to design a gig poster, much thanks to Eric, funktastic base player, and the House of Ghosts. Here be the final design! I used charcoal on 80lb, with a reductive technique to carve out most of the detail. I found a variety of reference for the owls online, which allowed me to give each of the stack a bit of character.

If you navigate down to my previous post you'll see two potential ideas, one of which is the final gig poster in concept, the other a rainbow emitting owl attacking the third castle in Kurosawa's Ran on some desolate many mooned planet.....yep.....

And check out the House of Ghosts and Hoot Hoots website, or better yet, COME TO THE SHOW Friday, November 16th! No cover - eet ees freeeeeee! Jones Radiator is at 120 East Sprague Avenue, Spokane. And feel free to download this picture, print it, and post it everywhere around you; telephone poles, eating establishments, your mailman, maybe a sandwich board for your dog. Sky's the limit :)

Thank You for looking!

2 comments: