Welcome to my online gallery!

This blog will house current projects, competed works, and an archive of past works by me, David M. Vaughn of Cheney, Washington! I prefer charcoal, pencil, ink, and oil pastels. In the future I intend to incorporate sculpture and acrylic painting into my practice - much to learn! I also hope to start incorporating more projects I've got rummaging around in my head and a few of my favorite landscapes in the greater Spokane area. Once I get a start on anything, I'll post on the Work-in-Progress page.

For the time being the body of my work is focused on figure drawing, a discipline I greatly enjoy and can't learn enough from. I will be incorporating more projects I am working on as time progresses.

Monday, February 17, 2014

More figure drawings added to the old sketchbook!

2014 Feb 30 Min. Pose, 11X8 in., Charcoal
I'm very happy to report that my sketchbook is getting use! Most recently from a Saturday Figure Drawing studio at Spokane Art Supply! This, plus three more have been added to my Sketchbook 2013/2014 page on my blog, accessible by clicking on the link in this post or the link to the right of the page.

I'm continuing to get used to such a small format. No more getting my hands completely covered in charcoal! It's been a good exercise in measurement, proportion, and precision laying down lines. By the next figure drawing studio in March I hope to apply what I've been learning to some really, really big drawings...maybe 6 foot high, if I can manage it. We shall see :D

Take care ya'all, and Thank You for looking! If you're interesting in acrylic painting, it looks like my sponsor has a free ebook out - click on the add to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment