Welcome to my online gallery!

This blog will house current projects, competed works, and an archive of past works by me, David M. Vaughn of Cheney, Washington! I prefer charcoal, pencil, ink, and oil pastels. In the future I intend to incorporate sculpture and acrylic painting into my practice - much to learn! I also hope to start incorporating more projects I've got rummaging around in my head and a few of my favorite landscapes in the greater Spokane area. Once I get a start on anything, I'll post on the Work-in-Progress page.

For the time being the body of my work is focused on figure drawing, a discipline I greatly enjoy and can't learn enough from. I will be incorporating more projects I am working on as time progresses.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Update on Medeiros Family photo project

Medeiros Family, NOV2011_02(WIP), 31X36, Charcoal on 80 lb.

Still plenty to do! I need to make an eye correction, reduce the baby's features a bit, and continue rendering clothing. I left off focusing on the hands and baby's arms; very tricky, because the baby's hands are sooooo much smaller and delicate then our adult hands and they are not seen in a way that gives away the general structure, ie: lots of foreshortening. Trying to figure out what to do for the background - don't want to go all black on this one like previous, and I have some helacious corrections to hide. Hmmmmm.....

2 comments:

  1. Oh David, this is a beautiful start. I think you have my left eye just right. wow, thanks for the work you're doing on this. aloha and love you, auntie rox Please hug and kiss those beautiful boys of yours, we miss squeezing them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Roxanne! I've always loved this photo! I will certainly give the boys a big hug and kiss for ya :)

    ReplyDelete